I think we may have a winner. Behold:
I don’t know if the pictures do them justice. Just try them. Go. Trust me. (and yes, that is almost a quarter cup of dough per cookie)
Best Big Fat Chocolate Chip Cookie
adapted from allrecipes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 egg yolk (room temperature
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just
blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. IMPORTANT: Put dough in fridge for at least an hour.
- Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart. (I used my ice cream scoop and it worked perfectly)
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.