I have finally finished with school for this semester and can focus myself on the things that really matter (read: baking). Every Christmas my mother and I get together and spend a day (at least) baking as much as possible, and then we distribute it to our friends, family, coworkers, etc. It is one of my favourite holiday traditions and I look forward to it all year. Last night I took the time to talk to my mom about what baked goods are on our list this year, and we went out to gather the ingredients. Here is the list so far:
- Butter crunch (family recipe)
- Mom’s lemon squares (family recipe)
- Shortbread with Cherries (family recipe)
- Raspberry pinwheels (real simple)
- Glazed lemon cookies (real simple)
- Outrageous chocolate cookies (Martha Stewart)
- Caramel shortbread squares (allrecipes.com)
- Cocoa shortbread diamonds (Martha Stewart)
- Almond bark
- Gingerbread men
- Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies (The Pioneer Woman)
- Candy Cane Christmas Cupcakes (minus the green icing) (Baking Bites)
I made the dough for the glazed lemon cookies yesterday and it is currently sitting in my freezer. I hope to get some more done tonight, plus I have two blog posts to add that have been waiting for school to be finished. I hope to do lots more updating in the next couple of weeks!
Happy Holidays everyone!